Space Coast Intelligent Solutions (SCIS) is seeking a candidate to fill a Database Administrator II position. The successful candidate will perform complex database administration and integration assignments essential to the implementation and operation of database systems and applications running on UNIX and Windows server platforms. Assignments, which are in direct support of software development and maintenance teams, include database analysis, database modeling, database information assurance and security, database installation, database configuration, and database performance monitoring and tuning
- Provide in-depth support and performance management of the Oracle RDBMS environment.
- Support Oracle database versions 11g and 12c running in a Clustered Data OnTap (cDOT) 9.x and higher environment.
- Support and perform administrative tasks for the Oracle databases.
- Maintain and support Oracle database STIG compliance.
- Perform support and administrative tasks in Oracle Enterprise Manager.
- Manage and maintain Oracle database relationships across multiple geographic locations.
- Perform real-time troubleshooting support and implement solutions to correct Oracle database anomalies.
- Provide support and assistance troubleshooting Windows and UNIX system anomalies associated with the Oracle databases.
- Configure and maintain Oracle database schemas to include creating, configuring, and modifying database objects.
- Perform complex database issue resolution/correlation as well as root cause analysis on recurring issues and analytics for trend analysis.
- Perform performance monitoring and analysis on Oracle databases and provide solutions and root cause analysis for performance issues.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and two years of work experience as a Database Administrator. Four years of additional related experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Current Security+ certification.
- Oracle 11g/12c Database Certification, desired.
- The applicant must have an impeccable Work Ethic by being reliable, focused, responsive, competent, and motivated to support Customers, Partners, and Team Members.
- Demonstrates ethical standards that foster trusting relationships with Clients, Teammates, Co-workers, and the Community.
- Continual learner with a passion to stay abreast of rapidly changing technology
- TS/SCI or TS with ability to obtain SCI
This position requires work on site in Melbourne, Florida