Linux/Unix System Administrator III
This position supports a Department of Defense (DoD) organization with information technology (IT) services expecting significant growth over the next few years. In order to meet the requirements of this growth, the DoD organization requires specialized IT support services. This support will consist of sustainment and enhancements to their current capabilities by providing cyberspace mission assurance for their global enterprise.
- Perform complex Linux-based issue resolution, correlation, and root cause analysis on recurring issues and analytics for trend analysis in a secure environment
- Perform RedHat 6.x/7.x System administration.
- Serve as SME and trainer to Customer Help Desk and Desktop Support personnel
- Coordinate large-scale projects such as, movement of a data storage, physical-to-virtual (P2V) server conversions, and Solaris migrations to RedHat.
- Perform systems security administration functions, including creating user profiles/accounts and admin accounts.
- Perform shell scripting in one of the more common shells such as, Bash, C, or Korn.
- Maintain system documentation; optimize system performance; allocate mass storage space.
- Evaluate service-level contracts for IT infrastructure such as server hardware or software licensing.
- Develop, monitor policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Build, install and manage complex RedHat Satellite servers managing hundreds of clients.
- Build Solaris 11 Image Packaging System servers to perform installations and updates for Solaris 11 SPARC and Solaris 11 x86 servers
- Apply/implement/maintain STIG controls to Linux/Unix operating systems
- Implement Risk Management Framework IA controls IAW NIST 800-53
- Apply, implement, test, and maintain Cybersecurity processes (POAMs/STIGs)
- Schedule Vulnerability Scans (VS); analyze data from VSs to determine potential impacts to network operations, and report results.
- Conduct network tests to validate interoperability of changes on operational network; address short comings; prepare and provide plans to mitigate and/or eliminate root causes.
- Comply with all applicable DoD and Service specific policies for hardware/software configuration to ensure sustainability and availability throughout the lifecycle of the system/software.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in an information system, computer system, math, or engineering discipline
- 7-10 years of relevant experience (5 years of relevant experience with a Master’s degree)
- DoD 8570 compliant (IAT Level 3 preferred); must be DoD 8570 compliant (IAT Level 3) by contract start date and associated computer environment certifications
- Linux, Oracle Solaris 11, or Red Hat System Administrator, preferred
- BASH and/or PERL shell scripting, prefered
- Active TS/SCI, required