Storage Administrator II
The Storage Administrator II supports a Department of Defense (DoD) organization with information technology (IT) services expecting significant growth over the next few years. In order to meet the requirements of this growth, the DoD organization requires specialized IT support services. This support will consist of sustainment and enhancements to their current capabilities by providing cyberspace mission assurance for their global enterprise.
- Provide technical support for NetApp storage systems, VMware vSAN, StorageTek tape libraries, and current backup software.
- Support the implementation of Oracle databases and VMware on NetApp storage systems in a multi-protocol, secure environment.
- Support testing efforts to validate interoperability of changes on the operational network
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining disaster recovery solutions utilizing NetApp snapmirror and snapvault (NetApp tools and applications).
- Ensure storage compliance with all applicable DoD and Service-specific policies for hardware/software configuration and approval requirements.
- Adjust and optimize storage performance settings of individual storage appliances, software, data replications, snapshots, and backup configurations using tools such as NetApp and vSAN.
- Provision new storage environments to support Customer applications following vendor/industry best practices and align current and future DoD and Service-specific policies
- Apply/implement/maintain STIG controls to storage systems
- Implement Risk Management Framework IA controls IAW NIST 800-53
- Apply, implement, test, and maintain Cybersecurity processes (POAMs/STIGs)
- Schedule Vulnerability Scans (VS); analyze data from VSs to determine potential impacts to network operations, and report results.
- Conduct network tests to validate interoperability of changes on operational network; address short comings; prepare and provide plans to mitigate and/or eliminate root causes.
- Comply with all applicable DoD and Service specific policies for hardware/software configuration to ensure sustainability and availability throughout the lifecycle of the system/software.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in an information system, computer system, math, or engineering discipline
- 3-5 years of relevant experience (2 years of relevant experience with a Masters’ degree)
- DoD 8570 compliant (IAT Level 3 preferred); must be DoD 8570 compliant (IAT Level 3) by contract start date and associated computer environment certifications
- NetApp Certified Data Administrator (NDCA)
- NetApp Certified Implementation Engineer (NCIE)
- Active TS/SCI, required