Test Engineer II
Immediate opening for a Test Engineer II to develop and implement test strategies, processes, verification plans and procedures, write discrepancy reports, and prepare test reports. Implements and maintains test automation framework using appropriate scripting and tools. Document Test Results and create Test Reports. Participate in test reviews to identify issues and provide recommendations. Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of Team Members, Management, and Customers.
- Working independently with minimal supervision on routine activities. Collaborates on unusual/complex issues/plans and larger-scale designs.
- Perform unit, integration, and system testing and capacity/performance testing.
- Document defects capturing steps to reproduce and collect information for debugging.
- Design, implement, debug, and execute software tests.
- Review test plans and design with development engineers.
- Create automated test procedures using appropriate scripting and tools.
- Collect data to generate metrics to assess test progress and software quality.
- Support development, integration, and execution of test pass/fail quantitative metrics.
- Investigate and identify new test technologies and tools, as appropriate
- Linux (RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu)
- Automated test methods supporting Agile, DevOPS, and classic Waterfall
- Linux systems and basic commands
- Atlassian tool suite with add-ons like Jira and Confluence
- Agile SW development process
- Software development tools such as Git, CMake, VectorCAST, and Eclipse
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)Discipline (Master's Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science, preferred)
- Minimum 2+ years of software engineering or python scripting experience (5+ year experience in Software Development or Software Verification, preferred)
- Active DoD Top Secret/SCI security clearance, required