Windows System Administrator II
This position supports a Department of Defense (DoD) organization with information technology (IT) services expecting significant growth over the next few years. In order to meet the requirements of this growth, the DoD organization requires specialized IT support services. This support will consist of sustainment and enhancements to their current capabilities by providing cyberspace mission assurance for their global enterprise.
- Perform installation of Microsoft Server 2008 through current release and the creation of Virtual Machines (VMs).
- Ensure Windows server instances are compliant with all applicable DoD and Service-specific policies for hardware/software configuration and approval requirements.
- Execute system backups and data integrity verification.
- Create user profiles and accounts and admin accounts.
- Perform server and data migrations (e.g. using tools like robocopy).
- Manage job scheduling/automation and maintain Patch Management software
- Oversee network and server configuration maintenance and management
- Coordinate large-scale projects such as, movement of a data storage, physical-to-virtual (P2V) server conversions, and Domain Controller configuration changes.
- Perform complex Windows-based issue resolution, correlation and root cause analysis
- Perform Windows-based proactive space and growth management
- Perform Domain Controller administration and maintenance.
- Apply/implement/maintain STIG controls to Windows operating systems.
- Implement Risk Management Framework IA controls IAW NIST 800-53
- Apply, implement, test, and maintain Cybersecurity processes (POAMs/STIGs)
- Schedule Vulnerability Scans (VS); analyze data from VSs to determine potential impacts to network operations, and report results.
- Conduct network tests to validate interoperability of changes on operational network; address short comings; prepare and provide plans to mitigate and/or eliminate root causes.
- Comply with all applicable DoD and Service specific policies for hardware/software configuration to ensure sustainability and availability throughout the lifecycle of the system/software.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in an information system, computer system, math, or engineering discipline
- 3-5 years of relevant experience (2 years of relevant experience with a Masters’ degree)
- DoD 8570 compliant (IAT Level 3 preferred); must be DoD 8570 compliant (IAT Level 3) by contract start date and associated computer environment certifications
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist: Administering & Deploying SCCM
- Active TS/SCI, required