All applicants must be willing to submit to background investigation and drug screening.
- Lays out, builds, tests, troubleshoots, repairs and modifies developmental and production electronic components, parts, equipment, and systems, such as computer equipment, missile control instrumentation, test equipment, and machine tool numerical controls, applying principles and theories of electronics, electrical circuitry, engineering mathematics, electronic and electrical testing, and physics.
- Discusses layout and assembly procedures and problems with Electronic Engineer and draws sketches to clarify design details and functional criteria of electronic units.
- Assembles experimental circuitry or complete prototype model according to engineering instructions, technical manuals, and knowledge of electronic systems and components.
- Recommends changes in circuitry or installation specifications to simplify assembly and maintenance.
- Sets up standard test apparatus or devises test equipment and circuitry to conduct functional, operational, environmental, and life tests to evaluate performance and reliability of prototype or production model.
- Analyzes and interprets test data.
- Adjusts, calibrates, aligns, and modifies circuitry and components and records effects on unit performance.
- Writes technical reports and develops charts, graphs, and schematics to describe and illustrate system's operating characteristics, malfunctions, deviations from design specifications, and functional limitations for consideration by engineers in broader determinations affecting system design and laboratory procedures.
Education and Experience
- A.S. degree in electronics engineering, mathematics or science, or two (2) years relevant experience
- An electrical background in military or aerospace fields is highly desirable
- Prefer some experience in communications and/or networking systems
- Must be able to follow work instructions, interpret engineer drawings and follow stringent work area rules and safety protocol
Ability to obtain a Government security clearance