SCIS is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most SCIS positions. All applicants must be willing to submit to background investigation and drug screening.
Electronic Warfare (EW) Threat system and subsystem testing, validation and troubleshooting of complex EW systems. Experience with prototype, Low Rate Initial Production (LRIP) and production environments. Experience using complex test equipment like signal generators, oscilloscope and volt meters.
- Lays out, builds, tests, troubleshoots, repairs and modifies developmental and production electronic components, parts, equipment, and systems, such as computer equipment, missile control instrumentation, test equipment, and machine tool numerical controls, applying principles and theories of electronics, electrical circuitry, engineering mathematics, electronic and electrical testing, and physics.
- Discusses layout and assembly procedures and problems with Electronic Engineer and draws sketches to clarify design details and functional criteria of electronic units.
- Assembles experimental circuitry or complete prototype model according to engineering instructions, technical manuals, and knowledge of electronic systems and components.
- Recommends changes in circuitry or installation specifications to simplify assembly and maintenance.
- Sets up standard test apparatus or devises test equipment and circuitry to conduct functional, operational, environmental, and life tests to evaluate performance and reliability of prototype or production model.
- Analyzes and interprets test data.
- Adjusts, calibrates, aligns, and modifies circuitry and components and records effects on unit performance.
- Writes technical reports and develops charts, graphs, and schematics to describe and illustrate system's operating characteristics, malfunctions, deviations from design specifications, and functional limitations for consideration by engineers in broader determinations affecting system design and laboratory procedures.
Education and Experience
- A.S. degree in electronics engineering, mathematics or science, or two (2) years relevant experience
- An electrical background in military or aerospace fields is highly desirable
- Prefer some experience in communications and/or networking systems
- Must be able to follow work instructions, interpret engineer drawings and follow stringent work area rules and safety protocol
Ability to obtain a Government security clearance
Software Test Engineer II
The SCIS Software Test Engineer II will develop and implement test strategies, processes, verification plans and procedures, write discrepancy reports, and prepare test reports. Implements and maintains test automation framework using appropriate scripting and tools. Documents Test Results and creates Test Reports. Participates in test reviews to identify issues and provide recommendations. Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of Team Members, Management, and Customers.
- Works independently with minimal supervision on routine activities. Collaborates on unusual/complex issues/plans and larger-scale designs.
- Performs unit, integration, and system testing and capacity/performance testing.
- Documents defects capturing steps to reproduce and collect information for debugging.
- Designs, implements, debugs, and executes software tests.
- Reviews test plans and designs with development engineers.
- Creates automated test procedures using appropriate scripting and tools.
- Collects data to generate metrics to assess test progress and software quality.
- Supports development, integration, and execution of test pass/fail quantitative metrics.
- Investigates and identifies new test technologies and tools, as appropriate.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline and 2+ years of software engineering or python scripting experience.
- Familiarity with:
- Linux (RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu)
- Automated test methods supporting Agile, DevOPS, and classic Waterfall
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science and 5+ years of experience in Software Development or Software Verification
- Experience with:
- Linux systems and basic commands
- Atlassian tool suite with add-ons like Jira and Confluence
- Agile SW development process
- Software development tools such as Git, CMake, VectorCAST, and Eclipse
Active DoD Top Secret/SCI security clearance, required.
Software Engineer II
The Software Engineer II will develop, modify, and maintain software applications and services using best practices and standards, participate in team design and coding activities, and contribute to software requirements definition and analysis. Participate in the full lifecycle of software development for advanced systems, including analysis, design, application and service implementation, unit to integration testing, release, deployment, installation, and maintenance of system software. Perform integrally on a software development team with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Java, C, C++
- REST technologies using Spring and node
- Object Oriented software modeling in Unified Modeling Language (UML)
- Linux (e.g. RHEL, Ubuntu, Raspbian)
- Relational database (e.g. Oracle, PostgreSQL)
- Development using Eclipse, JDeveloper, and Android Studio
- Work within both an Agile and a traditional Waterfall development environment
- Review Legacy source code for updates to existing software base
- Develop new or update existing source code per software designs and models utilizing best practices
- Demonstrate state-of-industry techniques and tools with teams to lift skillsets
Education and Experience
- B.S. degree in computer science, software engineering, or other technical engineering discipline
- 5-7 years of software engineering experience
Secret Government security clearance; Top Secret clearance preferred