Database Administrator II
This position supports a Department of Defense (DoD) organization with information technology (IT) services expecting significant growth over the next few years. In order to meet the requirements of this growth, the DoD organization requires specialized IT support services. This support will consist of sustainment and enhancements to their current capabilities by providing cyberspace mission assurance for their global enterprise.
- Perform Database Administrator functions for Oracle databases, Oracle Database Appliances (ODA & ExaData), Microsoft (MS) SQL server, database migrations, and data replication in a secure environment
- Apply/implement/maintain STIG controls to database servers
- Troubleshoot application issues
- Implement Risk Management Framework IA controls IAW NIST 800-53
- Apply, implement, test, and maintain Cybersecurity processes (POAMs/STIGs)
- Schedule database Vulnerability Scans (VS); analyze data from VSs to determine potential impacts to network operations, and report results.
- Conduct network tests to validate interoperability of changes on operational network; address short comings; prepare and provide plans to mitigate and/or eliminate root causes.
- Comply with all applicable DoD and Service specific policies for hardware/software configuration to ensure sustainability and availability throughout the lifecycle of the system/software.
- Optimize and monitor database performances utilizing Oracle tools and industry best practices
- Adjust performance/optimize settings of database instances, database applications, ExaData, ODA’s, DataGuard, GoldenGate, and Microsoft (MS) SQL server configurations
Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in an information system, computer system, math, or engineering discipline
- 7-10 years of relevant experience (5 years of relevant experience with a Masters’ degree)
- DoD 8570 compliant (IAT Level 3 preferred); must be DoD 8570 compliant (IAT Level 3) by contract start date and associated computer environment certification
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Oracle Database Administration Certified Professional
- Active TS/SCI, required