Software Test Engineer II
The SCIS Software Test Engineer II will develop and implement test strategies, processes, verification plans and procedures, write discrepancy reports, and prepare test reports. Implements and maintains test automation framework using appropriate scripting and tools. Documents Test Results and creates Test Reports. Participates in test reviews to identify issues and provide recommendations. Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of Team Members, Management, and Customers.
- Works independently with minimal supervision on routine activities. Collaborates on unusual/complex issues/plans and larger-scale designs.
- Performs unit, integration, and system testing and capacity/performance testing.
- Documents defects capturing steps to reproduce and collect information for debugging.
- Designs, implements, debugs, and executes software tests.
- Reviews test plans and designs with development engineers.
- Creates automated test procedures using appropriate scripting and tools.
- Collects data to generate metrics to assess test progress and software quality.
- Supports development, integration, and execution of test pass/fail quantitative metrics.
- Investigates and identifies new test technologies and tools, as appropriate.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline and 2+ years of software engineering or python scripting experience. (Preferred - Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science and 5+ years of experience in Software Development or Software Verification)
- Linux (RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu)
- Oracle SQL
- Automated test methods supporting Agile and classic Waterfall
- Linux systems and basic commands
- Atlassian tool suite with add-ons like Jira and Confluence
- Agile SW development process
- Software development tools such as Git, CMake, VectorCAST, and Eclipse
- Software test tools such as Cypress, Gherkin/Cucumber. JUnit, Jest, Unittest, and Testcontainers
Active DoD Top Secret/SCI security clearance, required.